Easy Homemade Kulfi Recipe
Whether you're craving your favorite malai, rose, cardamom, or mango kulfi - you're in luck! This delectable dessert can be made simply right at home!
You can adapt this recipe with flavors to your liking - such as with cardamom powder - but as a fan of all things pink, I decided to make mine with rose syrup!
(Recipe makes about 15 individual pieces)
2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
2/3 cup of evaporated milk (NOT milk powder)
8 oz. of whipped topping
2 slices of white or wheat bread (I used multigrain wheat for a grainy texture)
2 tbsp. rose syrup (not pictured)
1 tbsp. chopped pistachios (not pictured)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 8 hours 10 minutes
1. Tear the slices of bread into small pieces.
2. Add the condensed milk, evaporated milk, whipped topping, bread, and rose syrup into a blender.
3. Puree the ingredients until they are a smooth consistency. There should be no chunks of whipped topping or bread.
4. Pour the mixture into a 5 x 5 container, or a thinner cake pan if you want kulfi that is smaller in size.
5. Cover the mixture tightly and freeze it for at least 8 hours.
6. Remove the mixture from the freezer when it has been given enough time to freeze into kulfi.
7. Top the kulfi with any topping of your choice - tutti frutti, chopped pistachios, and chopped peanuts are all great choices!
8. Cut the kulfi into 2 inch squares.
9. Carefully remove the squares from the container and place them onto a plate or glass for serving.
10. Enjoy that creamy, delicious goodness!
What are your favorite kulfi flavors?