Five Pairs Of Bridal Shoes We Love
You've chosen the perfect dress for your big day, but we all know that putting together a perfect bridal look is about much more than just the clothes. There's also hair, makeup, jewelry and footwear to think about.
Finding the perfect pair of wedding shoes is a challenge - you need to find a pair that matches with your outfit but won't slow you down too much on the dance floor. The right pair will also photograph beautifully (because who doesn't want that requisite shoe photo while getting ready?)
There are so many wonderful options out there but these five pairs are excellent starting points for any bride who is seeking out that perfect shoe.
1. Low-heeled bridal shoes: If you're nearly as tall as your fiancé (or just want to be extra comfortable on the dance floor) a pair of bridal shoes with low heels might be perfect for you. The pair below is pretty and formal enough despite the size of the kitten heel. Buy them here
2. Strappy sandals: The simple silhouette of these shoes makes them a classic choice. Thanks to the ankle strap, you'll have great stability despite the height of the heel. This style comes in so many colors, but we love the option of a crisp white shoe for brides who are wearing ivory (which is something even desi brides can do!) Buy them here.
Photo courtesy of Stuart Weitzman
3. Sparkly sandals: It's no secret that Indian wedding outfits come with plenty of sparkle. These shoes have enough bling to stand up to your heavily embellished outfit and jewelry but can easily be worn with dresses or jeans after the big day is over. They're also very, very affordable! Buy them here.
4. Gold bridal shoes: The dull gold color of these shoes is so beautiful. They're comfortable and simple enough that you can wear them often (even after your wedding.) The best part? They're on sale and very affordable for a pair of high-end sandals. Buy them here.
5. Blue bridal shoes: These are great for the bride who wants to make a big statement! If you still need a "something blue" and like the idea of wearing a pop of color on your shoes, this is the pair for you. They also provide a nice nostalgic nod to Carrie Bradshaw's most iconic shoe moment. Buy them here.
Photo courtesy of Nordstrom.