Five Top Wedding Destinations South Asian Couples Love
Soon-to-be South Asian brides out there, are you thinking about a destination wedding? Along with couples all over the world, you discovered the laid-back, fun aspects of destination weddings and well, you are hooked!
We talked to Vice President of Product for DestinationWeddings.com Megan Velez about the top five wedding destinations South Asian couples adore. DestinationWeddings.com is the world's leading destination wedding and romantic travel planning company.
Megan told us that beach resorts are the most popular choice, still incorporating religious and cultural traditions with that "sand-between-the-toes" feeling. Jamaica, the Dominican Republic and Costa Rica host many South Asian destination weddings each year, but five Mexican resort towns are starting to dominate the list of popular venues. Without further ado Megan, take it away!
1. Riviera Maya: The Riviera Maya region of Mexico is convenient to the international travel hub of Cancun, with a feeling of privacy and seclusion set amidst Mayan ruins and lush rainforest.
2. Cancun: Featuring white sand beaches and easy access for international travelers, this Western Caribbean resort hub has everything you need for a beautiful and relaxing wedding escape.
3. Puerto Vallarta: Bustling Puerto Vallarta is one of the most up-and-coming resort towns in Mexico, literally created to host visitors eager to unwind. While Cancun often first comes to mind for destination weddings, Puerto Vallarta is the hidden gem that is quickly gaining popularity among couples.
4. Cabo San Lucas: “Cabo” was founded as a vacation town for Mexican and international tourists and offers ultimate relaxation next to its incredibly beautiful waters.
5. Riviera Nayarit: Surfing, swimming, and sailing are popular pastimes in this until recently secret beachside resort getaway.
In all of these locations, select hotel and catering management warmly welcome South Asian couples, creating unique experiences that fuse local flavor and their couples’ cultures. Packages include specialty menus prepared by chefs familiar with South Asian cuisine, and informed wedding planners who can help with the many events and rituals vital to South Asian wedding tradition. The ease of planning a wedding abroad has made destination celebrations a much more popular choice among today’s South Asian couples.
In the era of the rise of the destination wedding, no couple is excluded from their dream wedding away from home. Today’s South Asian couples have found their niche in Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean, setting the stage for an even more diverse future. As their influence continues to grow, no doubt so will the variety and selection of custom-tailored South Asian events around the world.
For more information, visit DestinationWeddings.com.